- Watch highlights from Harris’s perplexing trip here from RNC Research.
- "It's not a grand gesture to meet with Border Patrol. It's not a grand gesture to meet with the families living there. It's not a grand gesture to go down there and have a better understanding of what's happening.”
- Under Biden’s leadership, there have been over 173,000 border encounters in each of the past three months, the most in 21-years, with the number of unaccompanied children encountered reaching the highest monthly totals on record.
- RNC Hispanic Communications Director Jaime Florez pointed out the harsh reality of Kamala’s failures: “After 75 days in charge of the Biden Border Crisis, Kamala Harris still refuses to visit the border. Instead of addressing firsthand the human costs of the disastrous Biden administration border policies, Kamala is yet again ignoring the millions of Americans affected. Kamala's meetings in Mexico and Guatemala are about shifting blame away from the Biden administration, not solving the crisis she and Biden created. Republicans will continue to visit and meet with the residents, law enforcement officers, and elected officials along the southern border, putting the American people and our communities first.”
- In the border city of McAllen, a Republican flipped the mayoral seat. Hidalgo County, the home of McAllen, went for Biden by roughly 17 points in 2020.